Thursday, January 01, 2009

End of the year meme

When I first saw that new meme here and here, I became discouraged. I was so sure I would come up short. However, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Instead of listing all 99 things in the meme, I'm only listing the ones I've done (in bold type) and the ones that I want to do.


1. Started your own blog- TWO!

12. Visited Paris - Can I substitute Italy, which I have a better chance of seeing soon?

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - knitting and sewing.

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - Doesn't everyone for their my mental health?

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
35. Seen an Amish community

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - for two short months, then I lost my job!

41. Sung karaoke – I'm sure I have but can't remember the details. I guess that could be a good thing?

47. Had your portrait painted - I had my portrait photographed twice; once for work and once as a birthday gift.

52. Kissed in the rain - will get on this as soon as I find a willing participant!

53. Played in the mud - When a child, I made many a mud pie.

55. Been in a movie

57. Started a business - one day...one day

60. Served at a soup kitchen - want to do this so bad, 2009 will be the year!

63. Got flowers for no reason

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – once, the one time in my life I wasn't anemic or borderline anemic. Must work on that

67. Bounced a check - Luckily always with bank protection - so only my bank knows.

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - Many have been saved and all are at my dad's house still.

71. Eaten Caviar – not a fan.

72. Pieced a quilt - WANT TO DO SO BAD!

75. Been fired from a job - Yes, but then they gave me a going-away party at my favorite restaurant and a $200 gift certificate to IKEA. Confused? Me too. Still.

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle – with a sadistic friend who liked to see me scared.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - when I was fourteen in 111 degree temperature (but it was a dry heat)

84. Had your picture in the newspaper - Twice: in seventh grade as part of an after school program and when I was 28 as a new hire in the Business section.

90. Sat on a jury - many times, including two murder trials.

91. Met someone famous - Bill Irwin, Leonard Maltin, Tony Curtis, Amy Van Dyken, Jo Dee Messina, Vince Gill, and even a contestant* from the debut season of The Bachelorette (Yes, all but the first one were job-related.)

93. Lost a loved one - many, and there are many ways to lose someone besides death.

98. Owned a cell phone.

Twenty-one out of ninety-nine items on the list means that I have a lot more to accomplish in the year(s) to come.

*Charlie Maher

No comments: