Saturday, July 19, 2014

Way To Go, Vogue!

Recently, McCall Pattern Company released their latest crop of Vogue patterns for fall/winter, 45 of them! In that huge group, I think the majority of them were winners. Like a lot of sewing bloggers, I'm going to list a few of my favorites from the bunch (ones I would actually sew and wear) and state the reasons why I like them.

Here goes:

Vogue 9020

A Very Easy Vogue offering that plucked a vintage dart last seen on patterns in the sixties and most recently seen on runways in this 2011 Louis Vuitton dress on Rooney Mara that I have had posted on Pinterest. I'm not wowed by this particular design, but the pattern pieces and construction could be used to make a far more exciting garment. Cool.

 
 Vogue 1408
 
Love this DKNY dress by Donna Karen. This would be my alternative to the ubiquitous "skater dress" in blogland. Same silhouette but far more unique with visual interest and texture.
 
Vogue 1410
  

This Mizono dress is really up my alley and it's convertibility reminds me of two inspiration pics I have, one of a Junya Wantanabe skirt seen years ago on Totokaelo and the other, a Burdastyle pattern (2010-07-138) I hoped to make a copy of the designer skirt. Funny, I love the Mizono in these two versions but the knee-length option left me cold.

 
Burdastyle 2010-07-138 puff skirt
Keep it up Vogue and now I hope Simplicity/New Look picks it up and gets some better designs next time too.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That green dress reminds me a lot of OOP V1122.