Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Mary Tyler Moore, We Will Miss You

Mary Tyler Moore
(1936 - 2017)

Mary Tyler Moore

Here are links to blog posts I wrote on how she (or more truthfully, her characters) influenced me in fashion and in home decor:

Fashion in Film: Want To Dress Like Laura Petrie?

Fashion in Film: Laura Petrie - The Dresses!

SHELTER Sets: "You're Gonna Make It After All..."


Not only that, the woman known to "turn the world on with her smile", accomplished an amazing F-U to Hollywood's love of typecasting when she starred as the ultimate cold and with-holding mother, Beth Jarrett, in one of my favorite films, 1980s Ordinary People.

She was amazing and will be missed. My condolences go out to her family and loved ones.

Images: CBS Photo Archive/Getty Images

1 comment:

Diane said...

Thank you for posting these links! I always loved The Mary Tyler Moore show and I remember watching reruns of The Dick Van Dyke show too. You're right, Mary will certainly be missed!